Specializing in Senior Housing and Long-Term Care Development, Marketing, & Management
1. NEW CONSTRUCTION PROJECT MANAGEMENT & MARKETING
2. OPTIONS FOR POST OPENING MANGEMENT
3. FEASIBILITY & MARKET ANALYSIS
5. COMPETITIVE ANALYSIS AND MYSTERY SHOPPING
6. MOCK SURVEY / QUALITY ASSURANCE AUDITS
7. CONSULTING AND QUALITY IMPROVEMENT SERVICES
Outlined below is a summary of Project Management and Marketing services ACHIEVIS will provide on a continuous and on-going basis during the development and construction phases.
BUILDING A SOLID FOUNDATION
- Consultation in all matters relating to the development, marketing, and management of the project.
- Perform feasibility analysis / market study.
- Calculate development and operation costs and proformas.
- Assist with securing financing.
- Manage requests for proposals and bids from general contractors and architects, use client’s preferred companies, or bring my own team to the table.
- Perform a competitive analysis to identify their strengths and weaknesses and to help determine strategies for the new community.
- Recommend amenity and service options.
- Recommend rent rates and fees.
- Recommend campus features and amenities.
- Develop and perform marketing and advertising plan.
STRUCTURING FOR SUCCESS
- Ensure that the integrity of the client’s philosophical, operational, and financial objectives are maintained and promoted.
- Schedule and hold regular, periodic meetings with client to provide updates, track expenditures, get approvals, and coordinate start-up.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with state rules and regulations.
- Consult with architect regarding building design to create a highly desirable, marketable, efficient community with appropriate amenities, floor plans, and FFE’s.
- Consult with general contractor and related vendors regarding issues impacting marketability, operations, and management.
- Liaison between the client and the development team, other businesses, agencies, media, and groups.
- Communicate client’s input, directives, and decisions.
- Work with interior design consultant to make recommendations of furnishings and interior décor and appointments in regards to styles, colors, and resident suitability.
- Coordinate appropriate licensure of facility.
- Prepare brochures, newsletters, other marketing materials.
- Coordinate and manage advertising including ad design, media selection, and timing.
- Write and submit press releases.
- Handle marketing to key referral sources, community leaders, and the target market.
- Manage and conduct tours and reservation / leasing process.
- Evaluate and provide recommendations for food service, pharmacy, supplies, help call, and other vendors.
- Provide policies and procedures manual.
- Provide job descriptions.
- Provide forms, manuals, and administrative tools.
- Recommend provider for payroll and accounting services.
- Set up system for monthly billing for services and collection of receipts.
- Coordinate emergency preparedness agreements and plan.
- Recommend staffing ratios and employee compensation package.
TURNING THE KEY
- Recruit, interview, and make hiring recommendations for all staff.
- Provide new employee orientation and training.
- Purchase all administrative, residential care, activities, dietary, housekeeping, and food supplies, materials and equipment.
- Set up community for opening (kitchen, files, postings, medication storage, work stations…).
- Conduct resident assessments and finalize contracts, service plans, and paperwork.
- Decorate model apartment(s).
- Coordinate resident move-in and operations start-up.
- Prepare Regulation Manual for State Inspector.
- Work with client to coordinate grand opening celebration.
back to top
1. CONSULTING AND QUALITY ASSURANCE CHECKS
ACHIEVIS offers two options to manage the community’s operations. The first option of consulting and quality assurance checks is structured to help the owner minimize deficiencies and maintain and improve the general level of resident care. Achievis works as a consultant and quality assurance captain.
- Consultation and review sessions with client regarding quality of operations and issues related to owning and operating a senior living campus.
- Schedule and hold regular, periodic meetings to receive and review various reports from the Executive Director.
- Conduct regularly scheduled and surprise on-site visits to observe operations and resident satisfaction.
- Conduct mock surveys to ensure compliance with State rules and regulations.
- Perform quarterly quality assurance inspections to monitor performance of staffing, accounting, marketing, operations, and general administration functions.
- Serve as a friendly and supportive advisor and mentor to management and staff.
2. ON-GOING MANAGEMENT
ACHIEVIS offers two options to manage the community’s operations. This option is for Achievis to serve as the long-term management company with services as outlined below. As manager Achievis will, in general, provide the following services: Coordination of Resident Services and Operations, Personnel Administration, Cost Control, Marketing, and Advisory and Administrative Services. Achievis will manage items such as:
- Administration of resident and health care services
- Hiring and compensation of employees
- Marketing to referral sources and prospective residents
- Dining / dietary services
- Activities, wellness, and social services program
- Building and grounds maintenance
- Billing for services and collection of receipts
- Vendor and service accounts
- Accounts payable and payroll
- Monthly accounting reports
- Occupancy and operational reports
- Budgets and cash flow projections
- Bank accounts and working capital
- Schedule of rates and fees for facility services
- Compliance with federal, state, county, or municipal authorities, laws, rules, and regulations.
- Purchasing of supplies
back to top
Financing sources and providers rely on us to help them determine if their potential investment is supported by sufficient market demand. Our analysis and research is prepared in accordance with HUD requirements and includes:
- Discussion of the proposed project
- Determining the target market area
- Economic and employment characteristics of the market area
- Identifying and evaluating competitors
- Discussion of projects under construction and in planning
- Outlining competitive unit amenities and features
- Identifying competitors’ services and rent rates
- Calculating market penetration and saturation rates
- Estimation of market demand
back to top
Achievis is available to train your staff or to take over and manage your
marketing functions. We will develop an in-depth marketing and advertising
strategy that fits within your budget and specifically targets your potential
resident market. We frequently perform competitive and S.W.O.T. analyses to
identify opportunities to pursue and strengths to highlight. We will help you
overcome threats such as a new competitor with more amenities. Achievis will
also strategize on ways to downplay any internal weaknesses (such as unit size
After developing a marketing and advertising strategy, Achievis will oversee
your staff or provide the hands-on expertise and staff to carry out the plan.
Our associates serve as your representatives when recruiting new residents and
referral sources. We can handle all tasks ranging from designing brochures to
conducting tours and making presentations in the community.
back to top
Achievis will personally tour and critique your competitors and provide you with a summary of each individual community. In addition, Achievis will compare and discuss key competitive issues such as rent rates, occupancy levels, staffing, resident services, amenities, and meal options / menus.
back to top
Achievis will conduct audits on a quarterly basis to assure compliance with your company policies, regulatory standards, and customer satisfaction indicators. Areas of review include:
- Medication Administration and Accountability
- Nursing Supervision
- Coordination of Home Health, Hospice, Rehab, and other Agency Services
- Food Service / Dietary
- Infection Control
- Sanitation and Life Safety and Physical Plant
- Staffing Patterns
- Staff Documentation
- Staff Training
- Activities and Wellness Program
- Quality Assurance
- Resident Council
- Incident Reports
- Resident Charts / Files
- Resident Assessments
- Resident Contracts
- Resident Services and Care
- Managed Risk
- Resident Placement
back to top
In addition to our research and bricks and mortar services, we provide hands-on assistance / consultation on the intricacies of operations, marketing, licensure, staffing, financials, and resident care. Achievis will help you:
- Determine if senior living or long-term care is a suitable industry for your investment and goals.
- Operate within budget.
- Improve productivity and efficiency
- Determine staffing ratios and responsibilities.
- Pre-sell / lease apartments and homes prior to opening.
- Achieve 100% occupancy.
- Comply with state and national rules and regulations.
- Promote independence, dignity, and choice.
- Recruit and retain high caliber staff.
- Achieve a reputation for high quality service and amenities.
- Revitalize your operations and / or resident culture.
- Get more results with less marketing and advertising dollars.
back to top